Q. Will an Automatic Sprinkler System use more water than I am currently using to water my landscape?
A. No, in fact a system by JB Irrigation and Services will conserve water. You’ll never have to worry about runoff from over watering or wasting water when you forget to turn off your hose. And with a rain sensor, your system will know when it is raining and simply shut itself off when water is not needed.
Q. Does having a sprinkler system really save time?
A. Yes. You won’t have to spend another minute of your valuable time watering your landscape. Your new system by JB Irrigation and Services will do all of the watering for you-even when you are not there.
Q. Will an automatic sprinkler system water as well as I can water by hand?
A. It will do a much better job. A Professionally designed system by JB Irrigation and Services will deliver exactly the right a mount of water to the individual lawn and garden areas.
Q. We generally get 30 or more inches of rainfall a year. Do we really need a sprinkler system?
A. If it rained every three days-the same amount each time-you probably wouldn’t need a sprinkler system. But nature doesn’t work that way, and the only way to insure healthy, lush growth is to make certain your lawn and plants receive regularly timed water. In the dry season when there is little or no rain, your yard can suffer damage after just a day without water.
Q. Are there different systems from which to choose?
A. Although every system by JB Irrigation and Services is tailored to meet the individual property’s needs, a typical system will be comprised of
- (A.) a controller (which functions as the brain of the system)
- (B.) rain sensor
- (C.) a backflow prevention device (which will protect you from contaminants being introduced into your drinking water supply)
- (D.) valves (which open and close to release and stop the flow of water to underground pipes)
- (E.) Rotary sprinklers (which distribute water to large turf areas)
- (F.) Fan-spray sprinklers (which actually distribute the water to a given area).