Attention Scheduled Maintenance customers…we will be contacting those customers newly signed up for Summer System Check #2 by phone. Or you may call us at 281-744-6909, to set up your appointment at your convienience.
All of our new customers should have recieved our “LAWN SPRINKLER SYSTEM SERVICE AGREEMENT” in the mail (mailed on 7-29-11). This is our state-of-the-art program to help you keep your sprinkler system maintained.
This year our customers who sign up for a service on our “LAWN SPRINKLER SYSTEM SERVICE AGREEMENT” will recieve a S.W.E.E.P. evaluation at no additional charge. S.W.E.E.P. stands for System Watering Effectively and Economically Program. The S.W.E.E.P. program is designed to help our customers conserve water and save money by reducing the amount of water their sprinkler system uses; while still maintaining a lush lawn and beautiful landscaping.
Please call us if you have any questions or did not recieve your service agreement in the mail.
Attention Scheduled Maintenance customers…we will be contacting those customers newly signed up for Summer System Check #1 by phone. Or you may call us at 281-744-6909, to set up your appointment at your convienience.
Have freeze damage on your sprinkler system? Call JB Irrigation now at 281-744-6909. We have technicians standing by that can get the leak repaired and have your sprinkler system back in working order fast. When a hard freeze hits Houston, JB IRRIGATION is your cold weather solution!
If a freeze is on the way, be sure to have us winterize your entire sprinkler system before the cold weather hits. This will help you prevent any costly repairs that occur when your pipes and sprinkler heads freeze up. Order our standard winterization service to properly inspect and insulate your system, or have our technicians perform the complete freeze protection service that includes all of the following:
• Insulate* Exposed Irrigation Main Pipe
• Insulate* Hose Bibs or Water Faucets Outside Home
• Insulate* Home Water Entry Pipe
• System Check w/ 12 point inspection
• Trim grass/sod from around heads
• Adjustments to Sprinkler heads
• Adjust Watering Schedule per customer’s request
• Fit Unit w/regular or optional Industrial Insulation*
• Fit Backflow w/optional Green R13 Rated Pouch*
• Fit Backflow Unit with Draining Outlets*
• Drain Backflow Preventer/ take system offline
• Drain Shutoff Valves & Test Cocks
• Open Internals of Backflow Preventer to dry
It has been a cold winter this year and Houston has recently seen multiple freezes that could cause severe damage to your sprinkler system.
If you have already experienced sprinkler damage due to the freeze, call us at 281-744-6909 and we’ll send a trained sprinkler repair professional out to fix your problem and prepare your sprinkler system so that it can handle the next freeze with ease.
Of course, you shouldn’t wait for a freeze to call us. We provide freeze protection services that could save you a lot of money on unnecessary repairs.
Adjusting sprinkler heads can be a tricky (and wet job). Don’t worry, our professional Service Technicians can do it for you.
In June the City of Houston raised their water rates. Other area water providers are following suit. Houston’s rate jumps as much as 30%. We can show you how to save money (and water) with your existing system.
With temperatures trending into the mid- 90’s you will need to be sure your system is up to snuff! Get those repairs completed! Contact us now to have one of our service crews come out and make sure your system is ready to go for the season! Call 281-744-6909
With automatic timers on most underground sprinkler systems, it is easy to forget to turn off those systems during rainstorms or extended periods of rainy weather. In times of cooler temperatures system operation should be scaled back. However, all too often sprinkler systems are running full force while it is raining or running their summer (high output) schedule during the spring, fall and winter.
Water is wasted and many lawns are over-watered. Water District officials say over-watering is the most frequent mistake homeowners make in lawn care. Too much water promotes a shallow root system, which causes grass and plants to become vulnerable to hot/dry weather. The demand for water is ever-increasing.
Residents and business owners are urged by water district operators to install the new “Smart” controllers.
The best way to get your system up and running in the spring is to have JB Irrigation and Services go through your startup procedure. We will be able to check and make sure all the components are working properly and help to ensure that your system is ready to work for the season.
Contact us to schedule an appointment.
If you decide to attempt to start up the irrigation system yourself, please refer to this checklist for important steps to follow.
- Before turning on any water to the system, make sure all manual drain valves are returned to the “closed” position.
- Open the system main water valve slowly to allow pipes to fill with water gradually. If these valves are opened too quickly, sprinkler main lines are subjected to high surge pressures, uncontrolled flow and water hammer.
- Verify the proper operation of each zone valve by manually activating it from the controller.
- Walk through each station on the controller, checking for proper operation of the zone. Check for proper operating pressure (low pressure indicates a line break or missing sprinkler), proper rotation and adjustment of sprinkler heads, and adequate coverage. Check and clean filters on poorly performing sprinklers. Adjust heads to grade as necessary.
- Reprogram the controller for automatic watering. Replace the controller back-up battery if necessary.
- Uncover and clean the system rain sensor, if applicable.
- Finish and clean any in-line filters for drip irrigation zones.